Instructions for Rhythm Clocks
Posted by Dora on March 10, 2015
We have been receiving a lot of questions lately about how to set clocks and what to do if it stops working . I am going to include the instructions that Rhythm sends with all new clocks. If you have a problem that is not addressed in the instructions, please feel free to contact us at email@example.com. We are always ready to help.
Rhythm Clocks Instruction Guide
- Make sure to hang the clock firmly to the wall.
- The enclosed screw can be recommended to use only for a hard wooden wall. A different screw may be needed for other wall types.
- When hanging the clock, double-check that it is securely hooked to the mounting screw.
- Do not disassemble the clock for any reason. This could cause damage to its intricate workings and lower its quality.
- Do not place the clock in the following locations (to prolong its general life-span):
- In a place of extreme heat or cold.
- In a place of high humidity.
- In a place which is often dusty.
- Near strong sources of vibration or magnetism.
- Do not use paint thinner or other harsh chemicals to clean the clock case. Gentle soaps are recommended.
- Change the batteries once a year (whether they are running low or not).
- Exhausted batteries may leak damaging battery acid.
- Use alkaline batteries from a reliable battery maker. (We have found that Duracell brand batteries work the best for most quartz movement clocks.)
- Change all batteries at the same time.
- Please take note of the model number of the clock. This is located on the lower portion of the back of the clock.
- Carefully remove all shipping inserts:
- Some models have packing materials inserted into the back of the clock to protect moving parts during shipping.
- Open the battery cover(s) on the back of the clock.
- Insert batteries, making sure they are placed in the labeled orientations.
- Close the battery cover(s).
- Push the Reset button (located either on the back or the side of the clock).
- Turn the hand setting knob on the back of the clock to set the time (or use the "hour" and "minute" buttons if the clock is from the "Dancing Hands" series.
- To activate the hourly melody and motion, slide the ON/OFF switch (located either on the back or the side of the clock) to the "ON" position.
- One melody plays at the top of the hour, and multiple melodies automatically change every hour.
- The melody may not activate properly when it first reaches the hour position after being reset. This is not a defect, and the clock will activate properly from the next hour onwards.
- To deactivate the hourly melody and motion, slide the ON/OFF switch to the off position.
- To adjust the volume of the melody, turn the Volume control knob (located either on the back or the side of the clock) to the desired position while a melody is playing.
- To demonstrate the melody and motion, simply press the Monitor button (located either on the back, the side of the clock, the lower front of the clock, or as a pull-string below the clock). Pressing the button repeatedly while a song is playing, will cycle through the entire selection of songs. This function always works, regardless of the ON/OFF switch position.
- Some models also have a Display button. Pressing this button allows the clock to be viewed in its "fully open" position. Pressing it again will return the clock to its original position. Try pressing it, and see what it does on your particular clock!
- Remember to hang the clock firmly, straight and vertically on the wall.
Most of the clocks are equipped with a light sensor. It detects ambient light levels and prevents the melodies from playing in the dark. Since the melody and motion will not play in the dark, it is important to place the clock in a well lit area.
Steps to set the Westminster Chime on Rhythm Clocks
1. Remove the battery cover.
2. Before inserting the batteries, make sure to set the time at around 5:50(A.M.) by turning the hand-setting knob on the movement.
3. Insert the batteries according to (+) and (-) marking in the battery compartment.
(When the batteries are in, melody function is automatically set for 6:00 A.M. regardless of the time indicated on your clock.)4. To set the time and melody, please make sure to turn the hand CLOCKWISE. If present time is P.M., make sure hour hand passes through 12 o'clock until the desired time is shown. While setting the time, you will hear chimes, but continue until the desired time is reached. Once the desired time is set, the melody will start sounding correctly.
*The 4x4 mode will not work correctly during the first hour after time is set. However, after that, it works perfectly. This is normal for this movement.